Easy indeed. I cut an XL of view C (minus the belt) and the only adjustment I made was taking about 2″ off the bottom (although I probably should’ve done a little less). I didn’t have quite enough of the chambray to do the facings, so I decided to use some of the blue gingham I used for my Sorbetto (also from Sew LA – man I love that place). I also decided to bind the seams, which meant making a bunch of bias tape!
Honestly, I think making the bias tape took the longest in the entire construction. From cutting to finishing this dress probably took about 3 hours! There are a few things I will change next time regarding the fit. I will definitely do a narrow shoulder adjustment – I think the sleeves hit me a little low. There is also some extra fabric in the back near my waist – maybe I need a sway back adjustment? I also would like to raise the armholes a bit – they are not so low that you can see my bra, but it’s a little too much armpit for my taste. I also think I may raise the neckline a bit – for an evening wedding I think it’s ok to show a little more cleavage than I normally would, but if I make another version it might be for daytime in which case this might be a little much.
I also think this pattern is really versatile – it would be fun to do contrasting sleeves, add a collar, cut at the waist and add seam allowances and do color block, or add elastic at the waist. I will definitely be making this one again!
For the wedding I will be dressing it up with fun heels, a belt, and some nice jewelry. I’ll make sure to post a picture of me all done up on my instagram!
Until next time,